The Elliot’s personality is really starting to shine through now that he’s walking and a lot more independent, and if there’s one thing I’m becoming more sure of it is this: my kid is kinda weird. Which is pretty par for the course when it comes to our house. This morning The Elliot is walking around the house with his new favorite toy. It’s a plastic knife from the kitchen/tea set in his room. Not weird, right? Well, he’s walking around the house with this thing, shiving the furniture like he’s leading a revolt in Alcatraz. And every time he thrusts the knife he giggles.
In other news, we did something so very awesome this weekend. We loaded up the van and drove 45 minutes to the drive-in! And in the words of The Joey, “This is the best night of my life!”
And in case anyone is thinking about renting or buying “Rango”, just don’t. It was an awful movie and it is what eventually put everyone to sleep. “Mars Needs Moms” however, is just awesome. And it provides an endless supply of “Do you want the martians to come take your mommy to Mars because you’re misbehaving?”
So we decided ahead of time to pick up some pizza on the way and eat in the van and watch some movies. I thought I was so prepared, stopping at a 7-Eleven on the way to get some drinks and cookies. Well, the pizza and drinks didn’t even last the entire wait before the movies even began. The cookies made it through the first five minutes of the movie (ten for Elliot), and by the time intermission began I was listening to “Mooo-oom! I’m thiiiirrrsty!” So The Husband and I began making our “let’s be better prepared for next time list”. MORE DRINKS. MORE SNACKS, or at least more cash for the concession stand. BUG SPRAY. The play pen so The Elliot doesn’t have to sit in his stroller completely immobilized for the duration of two hours. Toys, for the time in between when we arrive and when the movies start after the sun goes down. Blankets and pillows for the back of the van. Not to say we didn’t have a good time this first time, it was just very evident that we were the newbies. But the boys had a great time.
I can’t wait for the next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment