1. I accidentally hit "Send". My deepest apologies.
2. I tripped a child at McDonald's and made her cry. Again, my most heartfelt apologies.
So back to what I was saying....
I have a bone to pick with the world of retail. Why is it near impossible to find affordable dress clothes for boys? I can't even find affordable ugly dress clothes for boys. Nada. I'm speaking to you, Wal-Mart and Target. Nothing. Apparently little boys have scant options: sports, licensed merchandise, cars, or tools. I was so pleased to see robots and monsters and superheroes at the beginning of Spring but even that is mostly gone. I want my son to look presentable in church. If we have a last-minute event to go to (as we did last week) I would love not to have to run out to stores like The Children's Place and have to spend $50 on dress pants, a shirt and a tie. Not that I have anything against The Children's Place. I go there for special occasion things multiple times a year. It's just that in a pinch and on a budget I can't spend that kind of money. And stores like Wal-Mart and Target are marketed and needed for the precise purpose of having a little bit of everything u
nder one roof. It makes me so mad to walk into the kids' sections and see row upon row and rack upon rack of girl clothes. The boys clothes usually take up about 5 racks and 2 rows and are of the aforementioned selection. This is the 21st century. Don't you think we can let go of some of these gender stereotypes, like that all little boys do is play and all little girls do is look pretty? Sure, I want a little girl and I look longingly at the clothes and baby sections, but I want to have the same experience with my son. It's not right not fair and it in general just pisses me off.
Have a nice day.
3 comments:
For cheaper than Children's Palace see http://www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3447889&cp=2943769&ab=ln_nodivision_cs6_boys%27summeressentialsale - not cheap, but cheap*er*. Their sales are generally pretty good.
Never mind the previous question comment. I'm reading from oldest to newest and I have to be a good girl and study before I can go on to the next one.
Post a Comment