Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's been a long time since the party and the room is in a mess


I tried. I tried so hard. I even set my alarm last night. For 7 am. I was going to hop out of bed, put on my gym clothes, make some breakfast and head out to the gym.

At 8:30 I had already hit the snooze button so many times, and when the alarm went off the last time Joey was in the room and yelled "That really hurts my ears! Get up!" So I told him to leave the room so I could get dressed and to go get himself dressed. He won and stood at the bottom of the stairs for 10 minutes yelling "Are you dressed yet?" every couple of seconds. It wasn't my fault - I couldn't find the gym pants I like. I have 3 pairs of them, and it turns out every single one of them was in the dirty laundry. So I put on my B Team workout clothes and was absolutely displeased with the image looking back at me in the mirror (read: I looked like a fatass in the pants). I could in no way rally myself to want to go out in public looking like that, so I decided to stay home and do the laundry. Sure... that counts as a workout.

So I'm totally involved yesterday's "Oprah" while waiting for a load to finish drying when I realize I have lost my son. It's not a big house, and I hear some rustling in the bathroom so I figure he's doing his business in there. 10 or so minutes later I realize I have lost my son again and still hear rustling in the bathroom so I ask him what he's doing in there. "Well... I'm just coloring." Coloring? Really? Oh....

See, the husband and I bought Joey some soap crayons for his Easter basket this year and he absolutely loves them. He asked me earlier today if he could play with them, and I told him those are for only when he's in the bathtub.

So I walk into his bathroom and I'm about to get angry. He got the colors and colored all over one of the walls of his shower. But then I stopped. He was in the bathtub, after all.

No comments: