Anyway, early this morning after the husband went to work Joey let me know he peed in his bed and jammies. I told him to change his clothes and then come upstairs. He did so and actually fell back asleep which was good because I wasn't getting out of bed until my alarm rang in an hour and 15 minutes. So when it did ring I of course slapped the snooze button and glanced over at him - and he was still fast asleep. Didn't even stir.
My alarm used to have a nickname in college, given to me by my roommates. It was called The Louder Than Fuck Alarm. It has this "LOUD" setting that might actually raise the dead (further testing is needed) but couldn't rouse me from my sleep. And I'm talking about completely sober mornings, too. It still can't get me out of bed unless I implicitly have something to do in the morning.
So I needed to get Joey up and going because I was amused enough by him sleeping through the alarm to be awake and then I noted that I was hungry. I thought it would be a treat to turn on PBS and watch Sesame Street for a few minutes until he was awake. I pressed the "ON" button on the remote and the electric hum of the tv turning on got the kid to sit straight up in the bed from a dead sleep and he said/mumbled "Can I watch cartoons?"
No comments:
Post a Comment