While I was filling out my new patient paperwork in the reception lobby at the doctor's office this HUGE lady came in with this pod-child zombie boy. That means he was connected to an ipod or some other thing like it, with his head buried in it responding to the nudges of his mother (?) as directions of where to go. This lady was on her phone talking so loud about somebody trying to get someone else's parental rights terminated and why. I was really relieved that I hadn't missed my daily quota of trash tv, except this time it wasn't on tv. Then the pod-child zombie boy started singing along with whatever thing he was plugged into, and kicking the chair to the beat. Unfortunately he and I were sitting back to back and as a result I wanted to throttle him.
And now for your robot room update:
We have a finalized quilt pattern! And I have been persuaded to join a quilt group to help me through what is sure to be a trying process. Next week (should I make it) we will be calculating how much fabric I will need for the whole thing. Very exciting, I know. I need to work on my mother's Mother's Day present, as I will be seeing her in about a week and a half.
Hey - what the hell is the deal with taking pictures of yourself? I have to just touch on this for a second because it makes no freaking sense to me, and kind of angers me - which means I have to tell a story to make you understand why it angers me. So the husband's friends came over for his birthday this year and I was like, ugh... okay. Their insular-ness is more than aggravating and genuinely distasteful. Really puts me off and I don't really like the time I spend with them but I give at least 80% for the husband's sake. Anyway, we ran out of beer at said party so I went to Wal-Mart to grab some more. When I came back and was looking through my camera for photos to delete so I could take more without uploading to the computer first, I saw a bunch of pictures taken by the subject and the subject's friends. On my camera. So now I have photos of people I don't really like taking up a ton of my camera space. So of course these people happen to be on facebook and such and there's like a million of these type of photos of themselves! I can't help but laugh about it (at them, of course) because it's just so vain and, well, silly. You can't take pictures of anything else but yourself and the same 5 people? Whatever.
And for fairness' sake, I took the picture on my profile myself. So maybe I know nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment